You can use existing flows to create a new flow in IMIconnect in the following ways:
- Create a flow by copying an existing flow
- Create a flow by importing an existing flow file
Steps to copy an existing flow
- Go to 'Service > Flows' and click 'Add New Flow'. A new flow screen appears
- Enter a name for the flow and click 'Copy from existing flow' drop-down option
- Select the flow you want to reuse and click 'Next'.
- The selected existing flow is displayed on your screen. (Draft flows cannot be copied)
Steps to import an existing flow
- Go to 'Service > Flows' and click 'Add New Flow'. A new flow screen appears.
- Enter a name for the flow and click 'Import flow from a file'
- Browse and select the existing flow file. You should have the flow file (.xml) available in your local system to import an existing flow.
4. Click 'Create Flow' to import the existing flow
Importing a flow resets all Numbers, Apps used in the flow. You must re-configure these Numbers / Apps mapped to the service where the flow is being imported.
Make desired changes and publish the new flow. You will need to configure a new rule to invoke this flow.
Note: IMIconnect doesn't support copying of flows across services. Please use the import feature when you want to reuse an existing flow from one service to create a new flow in some other service.