Once your business is registered as an official WhatsApp Business Account (WABA) you can request for certificate.
Choosing a phone number
Your business must use a valid phone number.
Short codes are not allowed on the WhatsApp platform. The number must include a country and area code. Landline and cell phone numbers are acceptable phone numbers to use. Since a phone number is tied to a WhatsApp account, you must own this number. This phone number must be able to receive voice calls or SMS in order to complete registration. This phone number must also not have been used with the WhatsApp Business API before.
Important Note -
- We recommend using landline numbers, as mobile numbers are recycled by operators after a period of inactivity. Your landline number will receive a one-off voice called with a one-time password during the setup of the WhatsApp number. The landline number should not be behind an IVR and someone should be able to answer the call and note down the one-time password.
- If you use a mobile number, it is the your responsibility to keep the ownership of the number and not allow it to be recycled by the mobile operator
Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your number and display name.
All display names should have a relationship with your business and should not violate WhatsApp Commerce and Business policies. You can change the display name up to three times in the first 30 days; once you have reached that limit, you must wait 30 days before submitting a name change again.
This display name should -
- Be Compliant with policies - WhatsApp Commerce and Business
- Be a accurate representation of your business
- Consistent with external branding
- Have a clear relationship with your business
- Correctly formatted
For e.g., +4475006611111 and "My New Business"
Our operations team will get back to you with a certificate that you can use to start setting up your app on IMIconnect.
Note - If you don't own a compatible number, we will be able to provide a number for you for a charge. Please contact your account manager